TLSense J3060 is a dual-port, small form factor appliance; its performance is between APU and the full-size TLSense routers.
Routing performance is significantly better than APU. It routes full gigabit on pfSense 2.6 and OPNsense without any configuration tweaks.
OpenVPN performance is similar to APU - about 100Mbit/s. If you are planning to build a high-performance VPN gateway, consider the full-size routers.
It's a versatile appliance that can be configured as a firewall, router, VPN client, DHCP Server, DNS server, etc. In addition, it has an HDMI port, which makes it possible to use as a media server or similar.
Included in the box
- 1 x router (as specified above)
- 1 x Power adapter (12V, 4A) - EU cable.
- 1 x VESA mount (can be used to mount the router to a wall)
- There's a SATA port on the motherboard, but there's no space in the enclosure for an additional 2.5 inch SATA drive. If you need more space, consider full-size TLSense routers.
- Use the HDMI port to enter into BIOS. (press F11 at boot)
Comparison to other models offered in the store
- This is a 2-port model with a dual-core J3060 CPU. Note, the 4 port model has a quad-core J3160 CPU.
- Smaller than APU, and much smaller than the full-size TLSense routers: 115 x 107.5 x 39 mm
- Better routing performance than APU - full gigabit in pfSense/OPNsense without configuration tweaks.
- Much slower OpenVPN performance than full-size TLSense routers (only relevant if you plan to run OpenVPN client on it)
- This model does not work with WiFi cards offered in the store. (no PCI interface).
- Very low power consumption - similar to APU.
- Memory can be extended to 8GB (APU supports up to 4GB)