APU Router builder
Pick your components and see the price at the bottom. Hardware assembly and basic OS installation are always free of charge.
Pick the components yourself, and we will build the router for you. If you pick incompatible parts, we will contact you before assembly to confirm.
Note, this interface is only for APU routers. If you need something more powerful, see other routers.
- We strongly recommend getting a Serial cable - it's essential for tinkering and installation of operating systems.
- 16 GB SSD is probably big enough for your firewall/router. If you are building a server, you may want to get the 128GB+ and/or SATA cable for a regular 2.5' hard drive.
- You can install OS on the regular SD card without getting the SSD from us, but this is not recommended. SD cards tend to die quicker and are slower.
- Wall-mount is excellent for installing your system on a wall or ceiling.
- If you plan on using pfSense, we strongly recommend having a separate access point instead of buying a WiFi card. pfSense has poor WiFi support. If you use OpenWRT, you can purchase WiFi card and have everything in one device.
Advantages over competing hardware products
- Completely silent. 0 dB - passively cooled. No moving parts.
- Small: 16.8 cm X 15.7 cm
- Very low power consumption - 6 to 12W.
- Very high throughput - 620Mbit/s to Full Gigabit (depending on the OS)
- CPU has built-in encryption support (AES-NI), allowing for high VPN throughout.
Advantages over the proprietary solutions:
- Low total cost of ownership
- No artificial add-ons are required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional charges for extra features - everything is included. Unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited VPN accounts.
- Low power consumption. It won't show on your electric bill.
- No moving parts. This system is designed to last decades.
Hardware assembly and basic OS installation are always free of charge.