|Compatible parts||View compatible parts|
|Supported operating systems||pfSense® CE, OPNSense, OpenWRT and all other router systems are supported|
|CPU||Intel Core i3-4005U or 4010U Dual Core, 4 threads, 1.7GHz|
|Memory||4GB (1333/1600MHz) (MAX: 8GB)|
|Storage||32GB mSATA (can install up to 480GB)|
|NICs||4 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC|
|Ports||1 x HDMI, 1 x RS-232, 4 x USB (2x 3.0, 2 x 2.0), 1 x SATA 3 - for a full size hard drive, 2 x Mini-PCIe, 4 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 4400|
|Dimensions||187 x 115 x 52 mm|
TLSense 4005U reviews
TLSense 4005U: 4x Gigabit LAN, 4th gen i3 CPU
This is an entry-level TLSense router with a 4th generation Intel i3 CPU. This router has 10-20% better CPU performance than APU, but it has about 3x better performance with OpenVPN (AES-GCM cipher). It's recommended for customers that need about 300Mbit/s OpenVPN throughput.
- CPU: 4th generation Intel Core i3 4005U (or i3 4010U depending on batch) Dual Core, 4 threads, 1.7GHz. Full specification on Intel's website
- Network: 4 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC
- Memory: Installed 4GB DDR3 (1 slot x DDR3L SO-DIMM slot 1333/1600MHz. Max 8GB)
- Storage: mSATA. 16GB by default. Supports up to 512GB. Regular 2.5' SATA drives can be installed as well.
- Intel® HD Graphics 4400
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x RS-232
- 4 x USB (2x 3.0, 2 x 2.0)
- 1 x SATA 3 - for a 2.5' size hard drive.
- 2 x Mini-PCIe (1x mSata, 1x miniPCIe with PCI interface.)
- CPU has AES-NI support
- It can be used as a router, server, or even a desktop computer.
Included in the box
- 1 x TLSense router (as specified above)
- 1 x Power adapter (12V, 5A)
- 1 x SATA cable (installed)
- 1 x VESA mount
- You can install a regular 2.5 inch SATA drive to extend storage to multiple TB.
- Use the HDMI port to enter into BIOS. (press F11 at boot)
- This model works with the mPCIe WiFi cards offered in the store.
This hardware has been internally tested at TekLager to provide clients with reliable information.
- Full 1 Gigabit routing under pfSense 2.4
- ~300 Mbit/s encrypted OpenVPN throughput under pfSense 2.4.4 using AES-GCM. Tested on NordVPN.
- 1Gbit/s encrypted WireGuard throughput under OpenWRT.
- See the hardware benchmark to understand how this model compares to other routers offered in the webshop.
Advantages over competing hardware products
- Very low power consumption - 15W
- Low total cost of ownership (no licensing fees, low power consumption)
- Completely silent. 0 dB - passively cooled. No moving parts.
- CPU has built-in encryption support (AES-NI), allowing for high VPN throughput.
- No artificial add-ons required to make your system fully functional
- No additional charges for extra features - everything is included: unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited VPN accounts.
- No planned obsolescence - future versions of open-source operating systems will continue to work on this hardware.