|Operating system||pfSense® CE, OPNSense, IPFire, OpenWRT and all other router systems are supported.|
|CPU||Intel Core i3 4100U Dual Core, 4 threads, 1.8 Ghz base frequency|
|Memory||Installed 8GB (1333/1600MHz)|
|NICs||4 x Gbit|
|Dimensions||187 x 115 x 52 mm|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 4400|
|Power consumption||~8W idle, ~15W under full load|
|Ports||1 x HDMI, 1 x RS-232, 4 x USB (2x 3.0, 2 x 2.0), 1 x SATA 3 - for a full size hard drive, 2 x Mini-PCIe, 4 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC|
TLSense i3 reviews
TLSense i3: 4x Gigabit LAN, Intel i3 CPU, 60GB SSD, 8GB RAM
TLSense i3 is currently out of stock. Consider TLSense i5 instead.
TLSense series of routers are targeted towards clients requiring highest routing throughput, lowest latency and highest VPN performance.
Hardware supports pfSense® 2.4, pfSense 2.5 (when it's released), OPNSense, IPFire as well as Windows, Linux and other operating systems.
- CPU: Intel Core i3 4100U Dual Core, 4 threads, 1.8 Ghz base frequency
- RAM: Installed 8GB (1333/1600MHz)
- SSD: 60GB mSata installed.
- 4 x Gbit NICs
- Intel Core i3-4100U Dual Core, 4 threads, 3M Cache, 1.8 GHz base frequency. Full specification on Intel's website
- 1 x DDR3L SO-DIMM slot 1333/1600MHz
- Intel HD Graphics 4400
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x RS-232
- 4 x USB (2x 3.0, 2 x 2.0)
- 1 x SATA 3 - for a full size hard drive.
- 2 x Mini-PCIe
- 4 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC
- Weight approximately 1.7kg
- CPU has AES-NI support, meaning that it will be supported by pfSense 2.5 once it's released.
- Can be used as a router, server or even desktop computer. At TekLager we use these systems as office computers.
Included in the box
- 1 x TLSense router (as specified above)
- 1 x Power adapter (12W, 5A)
- 1 x SATA cable (installed)
- 1 x Wall / behind-the-screen mount.
This hardware has been internally tested at TekLager to provide clients with reliable information.
- Full 1 Gigabit routing under pfSense 2.3.4 (CPU load about 0.3)
- 335 Mbits/sec encrypted OpenVPN throughput under pfSense 2.3.4 (CPU load about 1.0).
- About 25% higher VPN throughput on pfSense 2.4-RC
- All tests have been performed using iperf3 tool.
Advantages over competing hardware products
- Completely silent. 0 dB - passively cooled. No moving parts.
- Small: 187 x 115 x 52 mm
- Very low power consumption - 15W
- Very high throughput - Full Gigabit (on all tested Operating systems)
- CPU has built-in encryption support (AES-NI), allowing for high VPN throughout.
Advantages over the proprietary solutions:
- Low total cost of ownership
- No artificial add-ons required to make your system fully functional
- No additional charges for extra features - everything is included. unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules. unlimited VPN accounts.
- Low power consumption.
- No moving parts.