|Operating system||pfSense® CE, OPNSense, IPFire, OpenWRT and all other router systems are supported.|
|CPU||Intel Core i5-4200U Dual Core, 4 threads, Up To 2.6GHz|
|NICs||4 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC|
|Dimensions||187 x 115 x 52 mm|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 4400|
|Ports||1 x HDMI, 1 x RS-232, 4 x USB (2x 3.0, 2 x 2.0), 1 x SATA 3 - for a full size hard drive, 2 x Mini-PCIe, 4 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC|
TLSense i5 reviews
TLSense i5 - Router/Firewall. 4x Gigabit LAN, Intel i5 CPU, 60GB SSD, 8GB RAM
New stock expected on July 16.
TLSense series of routers are targeted towards clients requiring highest routing throughput, lowest latency and highest VPN performance.
Hardware supports pfSense® 2.4, pfSense 2.5 (when it's released), OPNSense, IPFire as well as Windows, Linux and other operating systems.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U Dual Core, 4 threads, Up To 2.6GHz
- RAM: Installed 8GB (1333/1600MHz)
- SSD: 60GB mSata installed.
- 4 x Gbit NICs
- Intel Core i5 4200U Dual Core, 4 threads, 3M Cache, Up To 2.6GHz. Full specification on Intel's website
- 1 x DDR3L SO-DIMM slot 1333/1600MHz
- Intel® HD Graphics 4400
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x RS-232
- 4 x USB (2x 3.0, 2 x 2.0)
- 1 x SATA 3 - for a full size hard drive.
- 2 x Mini-PCIe
- 4 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC
- Weight approximately 1.7kg
- CPU has AES-NI support, meaning that it will be supported by pfSense 2.5 once it's released.
- Can be used as a router, server or even desktop computer. At TekLager we use these systems as office computers.
Included in the box
- 1 x TLSense router (as specified above)
- 1 x Power adapter (12W, 5A)
- 1 x SATA cable (installed)
- 1 x Wall / behind-the-screen mount.
This hardware has been internally tested at TekLager to provide clients with reliable information.
- Full 1 Gigabit routing under pfSense 2.3.4 (CPU load about 0.3)
- 475 Mbits/sec encrypted OpenVPN throughput under pfSense 2.3.4 (CPU load about 1.0).
- About 25% higher VPN throughput on pfSense 2.4-RC
- All tests have been performed using iperf3 tool.
Advantages over competing hardware products
- Completely silent. 0 dB - passively cooled. No moving parts.
- Small: 187 x 115 x 52 mm
- Very low power consumption - 15W
- Very high throughput - Full Gigabit (on all tested Operating systems)
- CPU has built-in encryption support (AES-NI), allowing for high VPN throughout.
Advantages over the proprietary solutions:
- Low total cost of ownership
- No artificial add-ons required to make your system fully functional
- No additional charges for extra features - everything is included. unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules. unlimited VPN accounts.
- Low power consumption.
- No moving parts.