|Operating system||pfSense® CE, OPNSense, IPFire, OpenWRT and all other router systems are supported.|
|CPU||Intel Core i5-6200U Dual Core, 4 threads, Up To 2.8GHz|
|Memory||8GB installed. 16GB max (1 slot)|
|NICs||6 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC|
|Dimensions||187 x 115 x 52 mm|
|Storage||128GB mSata SSD|
|Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics 520|
|Ports||1 x HDMI, 1 x RS-232, 4 x USB (2x 3.0, 2 x 2.0), 1 x SATA 3 - for a full size hard drive, 2 x Mini-PCIe, 6 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC|
|Cooling||Passively cooled. Optional USB fan included|
TLSense i5 6P reviews
TLSense i5 6P: 6x Gigabit LAN, Intel i5 CPU, 128GB SSD, 8GB RAM
More stock expected on November 15.
TLSense series of routers are targeted towards clients requiring highest routing throughput, lowest latency and highest VPN performance.
Hardware supports pfSense® 2.4, pfSense 2.5 (when it's released), OPNSense, IPFire as well as Windows, Linux and other operating systems.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-6200U Dual Core, 4 threads, Up To 2.8GHz
- RAM: Installed 8GB (1333/1600MHz) (MAX: 16GB)
- SSD: 128GB mSata installed.
- 6 x Gbit NICs
- Intel Core i5 6200U Dual Core, 4 threads, 3M Cache, Up To 2.8GHz. Full specification on Intel's website
- 1 x DDR3L SO-DIMM slot 1333/1600MHz
- Intel® HD Graphics 520
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x RS-232
- 4 x USB (2x 3.0, 2 x 2.0)
- 1 x SATA 3 - for a full size hard drive.
- 2 x Mini-PCIe
- 6 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC
- Weight approximately 1.7kg
- CPU has AES-NI support, meaning that it will be supported by pfSense 2.5 once it's released.
- Can be used as a router, server or even desktop computer. At TekLager we use these systems as office computers.
Included in the box
- 1 x TLSense router (as specified above)
- 1 x Power adapter (12W, 5A)
- 1 x SATA cable (installed)
- 1 x USB fan (can be optionally used to lower the temperature)
- 1 x Wall / behind-the-screen mount.
This hardware has been internally tested at TekLager to provide clients with reliable information.
- Full 1 Gigabit routing under pfSense (CPU load about 0.3)
- 700+ Mbits/sec encrypted OpenVPN throughput under pfSense 2.4 (CPU load about 1.0).
- All tests have been performed using iperf3 tool.
Advantages over competing hardware products
- Small: 187 x 115 x 52 mm
- Very low power consumption - 15W
- Very high throughput - Full Gigabit (on all tested Operating systems)
- CPU has built-in encryption support (AES-NI), allowing for high VPN throughout.
Advantages over the proprietary solutions:
- Low total cost of ownership
- No artificial add-ons required to make your system fully functional
- No additional charges for extra features - everything is included. unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules. unlimited VPN accounts.
- Low power consumption.
- No moving parts.