|Operating system||pfSense® CE, OPNSense, IPFire, OpenWRT and all other router systems are supported.|
|CPU||Intel Core i7-6500U Dual Core, 4 threads, Up To 3.1GHz|
|Memory||16 GB DDR4 2133MHz|
|NICs||6 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC|
|Storage||128GB mSata SSD|
|Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics 520|
|Ports||1 x HDMI, 1 x RS-232, 4 x USB (2x 3.0, 2 x 2.0), 1 x SATA 3 - for a full size hard drive, 2 x Mini-PCIe, 6 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC|
|Dimensions||187 x 115 x 52 mm|
|Other||Not compatible with WiFi cards sold in the store|
TLSense i7 6500U reviews
TLSense i7 6500U: 6x Gigabit LAN, 6th gen i7 CPU, 128GB SSD, 16GB RAM
TLSense routers are intended for customers needing high VPN throughput or high IDS/IPS performance in addition to hight routing performance and low latency. This model has roughly 9x better OpenVPN performance than APU.
Hardware supports pfSense®, OPNSense, OpenWRT as well as Windows, Linux, OpenBSD, and other operating systems.
See the hardware benchmark to understand how this model compares to other routers offered in the webshop.
- CPU: 6th generation Intel Core i7 6500U Dual Core, 4 threads, Up To 3.1GHz. Full specification on Intel's website
- Network: 6 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC
- Memory: Installed 16GB DDR4 (1 slot x DDR4-2133. Max 16GB)
- Storage: mSATA. 128GB installed. Supports up to 480GB. Regular 2.5' SATA drives can be installed as well.
- Intel® HD Graphics 520
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x RS-232
- 4 x USB (2x 3.0, 2 x 2.0)
- 1 x SATA 3 - for a 2.5' size hard drive.
- 2 x Mini-PCIe (1x mSata, 1x miniPCIe with USB interface - WiFi not supported.)
- CPU has AES-NI support
- It can be used as a router, server, or even a desktop computer.
Included in the box
- 1 x TLSense router (as specified above)
- 1 x Power adapter (12V, 5A)
- 1 x SATA cable (installed)
- 1 x VESA mount
- You can install a regular 2.5 inch SATA drive to extend storage to multiple TB.
- Use the HDMI port to enter into BIOS. (press F11 at boot)
- Note: this model does not work with the mPCIe WiFi cards offered in the store because all PCI lines are assigned to 6 NICs
This hardware has been internally tested at TekLager to provide clients with reliable information.
- Full 1 Gigabit routing under pfSense 2.4.4
- 1Gbit/s encrypted OpenVPN throughput under pfSense 2.4.4 using AES-GCM.
- 1Gbit/s encrypted WireGuard throughput under OpenWRT.
- See the hardware benchmark to understand how this model compares to other routers offered in the webshop.
Advantages over competing hardware products
- Very low power consumption - 15W
- Low total cost of ownership (no licensing fees, low power consumption)
- Completely silent. 0 dB - passively cooled. No moving parts.
- CPU has built-in encryption support (AES-NI), allowing for high VPN throughput.
- No artificial add-ons required to make your system fully functional
- No additional charges for extra features - everything is included: unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited VPN accounts.
- No planned obsolescence - future versions of open-source operating systems will continue to work on this hardware.