TLSense routers are intended for customers needing high VPN throughput or high IDS/IPS performance in addition to high routing performance and low latency. This model has roughly 12x better OpenVPN performance than APU.
Hardware supports pfSense®, OPNSense, OpenWRT as well as Windows, Linux, OpenBSD, and other operating systems.
See the hardware benchmark to understand how this model compares to other routers offered in the webshop.
- CPU: 8th generation Intel Core i7 8550U Quad-Core, 8 threads, Up To 4.0GHz. Full specification on Intel's website
- Network: 6 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC
- Memory: Installed 16GB DDR4 (2 slots x DDR4-2400. Max 32GB)
- Storage: mSATA. 128GB installed. Supports up to 480GB. Regular 2.5' SATA drives can be installed as well.
- Intel® HD Graphics 620
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x serial via RJ45
- 4 x USB 3 (SuperSpeed)
- 1 x SATA 3 - for a 2.5' size hard drive.
- 1 x Mini-PCIe for mSata - does not work with WiFi
- CPU has AES-NI support
- It can be used as a router, server, or desktop computer.
Included in the box
- 1 x TLSense router (as specified above)
- 1 x Power adapter (12V, 7.5A)
- 1 x SATA cable
- 1 x VESA mount (can be mounted to a wall)
- You can install a regular 2.5 inch SATA drive to extend storage to multiple TB.
- You can get extra 16GB RAM to extend memory to the total of 32GB.
- Use the HDMI port to enter into BIOS. (press F11 at boot)
- It's possible to enter BIOS using serial cable as well. See the RJ45-serial cable.
- Note: This model does not work with the mPCIe WiFi cards offered in the store.
This hardware has been internally tested at TekLager to provide clients with reliable information.
- Full 1 Gigabit routing under all popular operating systems (pfSense, OPNsense, etc).
- 1 Gbit/s encrypted OpenVPN throughput under pfSense 2.5.2 using AES-GCM.
- 1Gbit/s encrypted WireGuard throughput under OpenWRT.
- See the hardware benchmark to understand how this model compares to other routers offered in the webshop.
Advantages over competing hardware products
- Very low power consumption - 15W
- Low total cost of ownership (no licensing fees, low power consumption)
- Completely silent. 0 dB - passively cooled. No moving parts.
- CPU has built-in encryption support (AES-NI), allowing for high VPN throughput.
- No artificial add-ons required to make your system fully functional
- No additional charges for extra features - everything is included: unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited VPN accounts.
- No planned obsolescence - future versions of open-source operating systems will continue to work on this hardware.