|Operating system||pfSense® CE, OPNSense, IPFire, OpenWRT and all other router systems are supported.|
|CPU||AMD Embedded G series GX-412TC, 1.0Ghz/1.4Ghz quad Jaguar core with 64 bit and AES-NI support, 32K data + 32K instruction cache per core, shared 2MB L2 cache.|
|Memory||2 GB DDR3-1333 DRAM|
|NICs||2x Gigabit (Intel i211AT)|
|Storage||16GB SSD (durable and fast Solid state drive)|
|Power consumption||6W idle, 12W under full load|
|Ports||DB9 serial port, 2 USB 3.0 external, 2 USB 2.0 internal, three front panel LEDs, pushbutton, 2 miniPCI express (one with SIM socket), LPC bus, GPIO header, I2C bus, COM2 (3.3V RXD / TXD)|
|Cooling||Conductive cooling from the CPU to the enclosure using a 3 mm alu heat spreader (included)|
|Dimensions||16.8 cm X 15.7 cm|
|Other||wle900vx WiFi adapter (can connect one more)|
APU2D0 Access Point reviews
APU2D0 Router and 802.11ac 3×3 MIMO Access Point
This is an 802.11ac MIMO access point built with APU2D0 motherboard, wle900vx wifi card, 3 high quality antennas, and OpenWRT operating system.
It can be used purely as an access point, or as a full router. Please specify at checkout how you would like us to configure it.
- APU2D0 Board (4 core, 1Ghz/1.4Ghz CPU, 2GB DDR3-1333 DRAM, 2 x Gbit ports)
- wle900vx (Dual Band 3×3 MIMO 802.11ac miniPCI)
- 16GB SSD (durable and fast Solid state drive)
- Chassis (black. Clean and elegant design for a router)
- AC Adapter
- Wall/ceiling mount (see photo with 5 antennas)
- Serial to serial cable for tinkering or OS reinstallation
Advantages over proprietary Access Points
- Very high performance in practice - over 500Mbit/s real throughput. Many commercial APs are having great throughput in theory.
- Fully open source. Hardware, BIOS and Operating systems are fully open.
- High configurability - OpenWRT allows you to take full advantage of the hardware.
- Small: 16.8 cm X 15.7 cm
- Very low power consumption - 6 to 12W.
- CPU has built-in encryption support (AES-NI), allowing for high VPN throughout.
Note: you can purchase additional wle600vx or wle200vx wifi kits, to have 2 access points in 1. For example dual band AP with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz - as shown on the photo with 5 antennas.
System comes assembled, pre-configured and ready to use. If you prefer to receive the parts for self-assembly instead, please indicate it on your order.
This hardware can run any operating system, but we HIGHLY recommend using OpenWRT because it delivers superior WiFi performance in comparison to other systems we have tested. This wifi card is not supported by BSD(pfSense, OPNSense), it works great with Linux (OpenWRT, IPFire, etc).