|Operating system||pfSense® CE, OPNSense, IPFire, OpenWRT and all other router systems are supported.|
|CPU||AMD Embedded G series GX-412TC, 1 GHz quad Jaguar core with 64 bit and AES-NI support, 32K data + 32K instruction cache per core, shared 2MB L2 cache|
|Memory||4 GB DDR3-1333 DRAM|
|NICs||3 x Gbit (Intel i210AT)|
|Dimensions||168 mm x 157 mm x 30 mm|
|Power consumption||6W idle, 12W under full load|
|Ports||1x Serial, 4x USB, 3x LAN|
|Cooling||Passively cooled. Silent|
APU2C4 Router reviews
APU2C4: 3x Gigabit LAN, Quad Core CPU, 16GB SSD, 4GB RAM
APU2C4 is a state of the art router / firewall for office or home. Ships pre-configured, optimized and ready to use.
(All customers will now receive APU2D4, which is a new revision of APU2C4)
Hardware supports pfSense 2.4, IPFire and number of other operating systems.
Advantages over competing hardware products
- Completely silent. 0 dB - passively cooled. No moving parts.
- Small: 16.8 cm X 15.7 cm
- Very low power consumption - 6 to 12W.
- Very high throughput - 620Mbit/s to Full Gigabit (depending on the OS)
- CPU has built-in encryption support (AES-NI), allowing for high VPN throughout.
Not sure if this router will have high enough throughput for your internet connection? Check the APU2C0 throughput test. Short answer is: pfSense can route 620Mbit, IPFire can route a full Gigabit.
- APU2C4 Board (4 core, 1Ghz CPU, 4GB DDR3-1333 DRAM, 3 x Gbit ports)
- 16GB SSD (durable and fast Solid state drive)
- Chassis (clean and elegant design for a router)
- Power adapter (small)
- Serial to serial cable for tinkering
Advantages over the proprietary solutions:
- Low total cost of ownership
- No artificial add-ons requires to make your system fully functional
- No additional charges for extra features - everything is included. unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules. unlimited VPN accounts.
- Low power consumption. It won't show on your electric bill.
- No moving parts. This system is designed to last decades.
Router/Firewall comes assembled, pre-configured and ready to use. If you prefer to receive the parts for self-assembly instead, please indicate it on your order. Also, indicate if you would like to have pfSense, IPFire, or no OS installed.
Setup instructions included in the package. Email/phone setup assistance free of charge.