APU3C4 motherboard reviews
PC Engines APU3C4 - 3 LAN / quad core CPU / 4 GB RAM
Looking for a complete APU3C4 system? Click here.
APU3C4 board specification
- CPU: AMD Embedded G series GX-412TC, 1 GHz quad Jaguar core with 64 bit and AES-NI support, 32K data + 32K instruction cache per core, shared 2MB L2 cache. More information on CPU on AMD's website.
- DRAM: 4 GB DDR3-1333 DRAM
- Storage: Boot from SD card (internal sdhci controller), external USB or m-SATA SSD. 1 SATA + power connector. mSATA is shared with miniPCI express.
- 12V DC, about 6 to 12W depending on CPU load. Jack = 2.5 mm, center positive
- Connectivity: 3 Gigabit Ethernet channels (Intel i211AT)
- I/O: DB9 serial port, 2 USB 3.0 external + 4 USB 2.0 internal, three front panel LEDs, pushbutton
- Expansion: 3 miniPCI express (J14 USB or mSATA, with SIM; J15 USB only, with SIM; J16: full miniPCI express, but no SIM, intended for wifi). GPIO header, optional I2C bus, COM2 (3.3V RXD / TXD).
- Board size: 6 x 6" (152.4 x 152.4 mm) - same as apu1d, alix2d13 and wrap1e.
- Cooling: Conductive cooling from the CPU to the enclosure using a 3 mm alu heat spreader (included).
SIM sockets can be swapped under GPIO control, enabling failover between two different networks even when only one modem is used. Another feature is the build option for a regular PCI express slot on the side.
Improvements in this version:
- Improve compatibility with LTE modem modules: Disconnect SMB_DAT / SMB_CLK signals (1.8V level on Quectel).
- Improve compatibility with LTE modem modules: No stuff diodes D4 / D17, option resistor bypass (extremely low VIL on Huawei modems, sensitive to incoming EMI).
- Optional SIM presence indicator / SIM card detect.
- Disable non-functional NCT5104D watchdog timer.
- Increase 3.3V current limit to allow for two simultaneous LTE modems.
- Some DFM changes.