APU2E5: 3x Gigabit LAN, Quad Core CPU, 16GB SSD, 4GB RAM
- 4GB ECC RAM, 16GB mSATA SSD
- 3x Gbps NIC ports
- Support for optional 2.5'' SATA drive
(3,245 incl. SE 25% VAT)2,596 SEK 2099-01-01
Product in stock. Orders made before 17:00 are shipped on the same day within Sweden. International orders are shipped on the next business day.
APU router is the most open-source network device you can buy. It comes with open-source BIOS, open-source operating system of your choice and open hardware schematics. It's not locked down in any way.
APU2, APU3, and APU4 are very similar to each other and achieve roughly the same performance. You can see the detailed comparison here. If you aren't sure which one to choose, get APU2E5.
Hardware supports OPNsense, pfSense, Open-WRT, *BSD and number of other operating systems.
Things to consider:
- APU2 supports two WiFi mPCIe cards. APU3, APU4 and APU6 support one.
- APU2E5 has intel i211-AT network interfaces.
- APU2E0 is a stripped-down version of APU2E5. It has 2GB of RAM instead of 4, 2 LAN ports instead of 3 and no internal SATA port.
- You can connect a 2.5' SATA drive to an internal SATA port to expand storage up to 1TB+. (not on APU2E0)
- You can connect one or two mPCIe LTE modems to APU3 and APU4 to get WAN over 3G/4G. You can connect one modem to APU2.
- Detailed comparison of APU2, APU3, APU4.
- All LAN ports have real interfaces with separate chips. Those are real router ports, not switch ports.
Advantages over competing hardware products
- Completely silent. 0 dB - passively cooled. No moving parts.
- Small: 16.8 cm X 15.7 cm
- Very low power consumption - 6 to 12W.
- Very high throughput - 1 Gbit on pfSense, OpenWRT and IPFire.
- CPU has built-in encryption support (AES-NI), allowing for high VPN throughput. 100-140Mbit/s on OpenVPN and about 700Mbit/s on Wireguard
- APU2E5 Board (4 core, 1Ghz/1.4Ghz CPU, 4GB DDR3-1333 DRAM, 3 x Gbit ports)
- 16GB SSD (use router configurator if you would like to have larger size)
- Chassis (clean and elegant design for a router)
- Power adapter (small)
- Serial to USB cable
If you want a larger SSD or don't need the cable, use the APU router configurator to pick the parts you want.
Advantages over the proprietary solutions:
- Low total cost of ownership
- No artificial add-ons requires to make your system fully functional
- No additional charges for extra features - everything is included. unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules. unlimited VPN accounts.
- Low power consumption. It won't show on your electric bill.
- No moving parts. This system is designed to last decades.
Router/Firewall comes assembled, pre-configured and ready to use.
|CPU||AMD Embedded G series GX-412TC, 1.0Ghz/1.4Ghz quad Jaguar core with 64 bit and AES-NI support, 32K data + 32K instruction cache per core, shared 2MB L2 cache.|
|Graphics card||Not present|
|This system doesn't have a graphics card. This is an advantage in some ways - less hardware = more reliability. Use serial port instead.|
|Memory type||4GB ECC DDR3-1333 DRAM|
|Memory is soldered on the motherboard - can't be extended.|
|Ethernet speed||1 Gbps|
|Ethernet chipset||3x i211AT|
|Primary storage||mSATA SSD (16-512 GB)|
|2nd storage||SD Card|
|3rd storage||2.5'' SATA SSD|
|Serial port||1x DB9 null-modem, serial port|
|External I/O||DB9 serial port, 3x LAN, 2x USB 3.0, DC Jack, three front panel LEDs, pushbutton|
|Internal I/O ports|
|Internal I/O||2 USB 2.0 internal, GPIO, LPC header, SATA, front-panel pins, second COM port, i2c header, SPI header for CMOS, 3x mPCIe slots (1 mSATA, 1 PCI+USB, 1 PCI-only), SIM slot, SD card slot|
|LTE option||yes, use mPCIe cards available in store|
|Wi-Fi option||Yes, 1 or 2 adapters (wle200nx or wle600nx)|
|Draw at 1 core||6.7W|
|Stress test draw||7.1W|
|Power Adapter||12V, 2A|
|Power DC jack||2.5 mm, center positive|
|Supported operating systems||pfSense® CE, OPNSense, OpenWRT and all other router systems are supported|
|Dimensions||168 mm x 157 mm x 30 mm|
|Mounting option||wall-mount option|
|Cooling||Passive cooling from the CPU to the enclosure using a 3 mm alu heat spreader (included)|
|Accessories and peripherials|
|Included Accessories||- APU2E5 Motherboard
- 16GB SSD
- Chassis designed for this board
- Power adapter
- DB9-to-USB serial adapter with USB cable
|Other||can connect 2x WiFi cards|