APU6B4: 1x SFP, 3x Gigabit LAN, Quad Core CPU, 16GB SSD, 4GB RAM
- 1x SFP Gbps port, 3x regular Gbps ports
- 4GB ECC RAM, 16GB mSATA SSD
- Integrated serial-to-USB chip.
- Support for optional 2.5'' SATA drive
APU6 is similar to APU3, but it includes an SFP port (transceiver needs to be purchased separately).
The router is shipped assembled, pre-configured, optimized, and ready to use (unless you choose otherwise).
APU router is the most open-source network device you can buy. It comes with open-source BIOS, an open-source operating system of your choice, and open hardware schematics. It's not locked down in any way.
Hardware supports OPNsense, pfSense, Open-WRT, *BSD, and a number of other operating systems.
Things to consider:
- APU6 is the same as APU3, but it has an SFP port for optical transceivers (comes without a transceiver)
- APU2 supports two WiFi mPCIe cards. APU3, APU4, and APU6 support one.
- APU2E4 has intel i210-AT network interfaces (theoretically more performant - I haven't noticed the difference)
- APU2E0 is a stripped-down version of APU2E4. It has 2GB of RAM instead of 4, 2 LAN ports instead of 3, and no internal SATA port.
- You can connect a 2.5' SATA drive to an internal SATA port to expand storage up to 1TB+. (not on APU2E0)
- APU3 and APU4 are optimized for LTE connectivity, APU2 isn't. You can connect one or two mPCIe LTE modems to APU3 and APU4 to get WAN over 3G/4G.
- Detailed comparison of APU2, APU3, APU4.
- All LAN ports have real interfaces with separate chips. Those are real router ports, not switch ports.
Advantages over competing hardware products
- Completely silent. 0 dB - passively cooled. No moving parts.
- Small: 16.8 cm X 15.7 cm
- Very low power consumption - ~6W.
- Very high throughput - 1 Gbit on pfSense, OpenWRT and IPFire.
- CPU has built-in encryption support (AES-NI), allowing for high VPN throughput.
- APU6B4 Board (4 core, 1Ghz/1.4Ghz CPU, 4GB ECC DDR3-1333 DRAM, 4 x Gbit ports)
- 16GB SSD (use router configurator if you would like to have larger size)
- Chassis designed for this board. Only black is available for this board.
- Power adapter (small)
- USB cable
Advantages over the proprietary solutions:
- Low total cost of ownership
- No artificial add-ons are required to make your system fully functional
- No additional charges for extra features - everything is included. unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules. unlimited VPN accounts.
- Low power consumption. It won't show on your electric bill.
- No moving parts. This system is designed to last decades.
Router/Firewall comes assembled, pre-configured and ready to use.
|CPU||AMD Embedded G series GX-412TC, 1.0Ghz/1.4Ghz quad Jaguar core with 64 bit and AES-NI support, 32K data + 32K instruction cache per core, shared 2MB L2 cache.|
|Graphics card||Not present|
|This system doesn't have a graphics card. This is an advantage in some ways - less hardware = more reliability. Use serial port instead.|
|Memory type||4GB ECC DDR3-1333 DRAM|
|Memory is soldered on the motherboard - can't be extended.|
|Ethernet speed||1 Gbps|
|Ethernet chipset||1x i210IS (SFP), 3x i211AT|
|Primary storage||mSATA SSD (16-512 GB)|
|2nd storage||SD Card|
|3rd storage||2.5'' SATA SSD|
|Serial port||1x microUSB serial port|
|External I/O||microUSB serial port, SFP cage, 3x LAN, 2x USB 3.0, DC Jack, three front panel LEDs, pushbutton|
|Internal I/O ports|
|Internal I/O||4 USB 2.0 internal, GPIO, LPC header, SATA, front-panel pins, second COM port, i2c header, SPI header for CMOS, 3x mPCIe slots (1 mSATA, 1 PCI, 1 USB, SIM slot, SD card slot|
|LTE option||yes, use mPCIe cards available in store|
|Wi-Fi option||Yes, wle200nx or wle600nx|
|Power Adapter||12V, 2A|
|Power DC jack||2.5 mm, center positive|
|Supported operating systems||pfSense® CE, OPNSense, OpenWRT and all other router systems are supported|
|Dimensions||16.8 cm X 15.7 cm|
|Mounting option||wall-mount option.|
|Accessories and peripherials|
|Included Accessories||- APU6B4 Motherboard
- 16GB SSD
- Chassis designed for this board
- Power adapter
- USB cable